
Tiger Woods 10 for Wii comes packaged with an optional Motion Plus addon at a discounted price. The Motion Plus add-on makes the Wii motion controls much much more accurate. A twist of the Wii-mote and the distance from the tv is much better detected by the game. I have also tried golf in Wii Sports and Tiger Woods 2007, but I had found them both pretty flawed.
From my years of golfing experience, this Golfing with Tiger Woods 10, does feel like the real thing.
Wii Sports golf was too cartoonish for my taste, and worst of all had very few courses to play on, but Tiger Woods 10 has a huge selection of courses. Tiger Woods 07 had very enjoying commentators that constantly ridiculed me, but with 10 I feel much less pressure and it seems easier in general. The game starts out with a easy to play tutorial, with some good voice acting. The only negative feedback in Tiger Woods 10, is some slightly disappointed looks from Tiger. Tiger Woods 10 (single-player) has a very relaxed atmosphere, which is definitely what I'm looking for initially at least.
You don't have to play as Tiger himself, you can make your own characters to resemble you or some one else. I made two characters, one to resemble myself, and the other to resemble my girlfriend. You can earn some in-game money by playing rounds of golf, and use that to buy cloths and other items for your avatar to wear.
For those looking for some competition, Tiger Woods 10 includes and online mode where you can participate in tournaments. I'll have to try it too once I'm good and ready. For now I could really use another Wii Motion Plus, but I'll have to wait for the next discounted package that includes it, Wii Sports Resort.
Tiger Woods 10 for Wii is a really great golf game, and I highly recommend it.

No comments:
Post a Comment